Thank you for all of the wonderful compliments on my crocheted bin!
I called this an explanation, because, unfortunately, this is not a pattern.
I wish I had the exact pattern, but I just made it as I went along.
What I can tell you, is the basic idea of what I did:
I started with a magic ring.
After the ring, the whole thing was double crocheted.
For the next several rows I increased every other stitch until it looked flat enough (there was some shaping involved with my hands when it started to get curvy).
When it seemed flat, I increased every 3 stitches for a couple of rows, then every 5, then 7 etc. until I got it to the right size, while keeping it flat.
To make the sides I just kept crocheting around without increasing. It naturally formed the right shape when I stopped increasing, but it took a couple of rows to look like it was working.
I kept doing that all the way up, then finished and hid the tails.
Again, there was some manipulation and shaping with throughout the process. The sides also got a little wavy, and I needed to stretch and shape occasionally.
It was actually pretty simple. I didn’t use the best yarn, so this particular bin was more difficult than it should have been, but with the right yarn and hook it should be pretty easy.
I would suggest a bulkier yarn, and a medium to smaller hook to keep it tight (depending on what you want to put in your bin).
If you are a “stick to the pattern” type of person, I apologize. I’m not very good at sticking to patterns or, consequently, making patterns.
Please feel free to leave any questions you have in the comments.
I hope this is at least somewhat helpful!