This first outfit was mostly to show off this skirt.
From the top:
Earnings: I made
Necklace: I made
Tank top: Target
Corset: A gift
Bracelets: Para cord and ribbon
Skirt: I made
Bloomers: I made
Socks: American Apparel
I didn’t make most of this outfit, but it was fun to put together!
From the top:
Earnings and necklace: I made
Tank top: Target
Gloves: I made
Harness bag: I made
Leggings: Can’t remember… a small boutique in Chicago
Socks: Sock dreams
Shoes: Army Navy Surplus
I have shared a couple of times already, but I’m just so excited about my comic: “The Cracked Cup Coffee Co.” which was created and written by me, with art by my husband, Tommy Krippes.
Please check it out, if you have time. We have a lot of fun with it.
Also, in my spare time, I have been doing a lot of sewing, and creating, but haven’t had a lot of time to get any great photos. I will get a few of those up ASAP.
In the mean time, here are a couple of photos I took, while I was out with my husband, last week.
I’ve started making something new! I’ve had the idea for this project for a while, but I didn’t have time to start it (with getting married and moving, and everything), so I finally started last night!
I made this cute little wallet out of the fabric that I painted! It was a really good test run, to see how the painted fabric sews. It’s a little stiff, but my sewing machine had no trouble sewing through he paint.
I found this cute cameo on sale! I happened to have this ribbon, and thought it was a pretty good match to the orangey/gold color of the jewels on the necklace. I just put the cameo on, sewed up the ends of the ribbon, fed jump rings through, and attached a clasp. It took maybe 5 minutes, and turned out pretty well.
Let me know what you think!
Okay! I made a shirt! Sorry, for those of you who knew I made it, that it has taken me so long to get pictures up!
It was very, very simple. I just used the pattern that I used for the top of the hoodie, made it longer and slimmed it up a tiny bit. It is literally just two pieces sewn together in this shape. I hope you like it!
Okay! I finally was able to get picture of my hoodie (thanks to my wonderful fiance)! I didn’t get a ton of pictures of the process, but I did get a few. I made the pattern out of tissue paper, and went from there! This was definitely an experiment but I think it turned out pretty well! I took quite a few pictures of the finished product, so you can see all of the angles. This is definitely something you could wear everyday or use in a steampunk outfit, by adding an under bust corset, a cute skirt and a few lovely accessories. As you will see, I had a couple of helpers in this process! Isis (the little tuxedo kitty), enjoyed laying on the fabric while I was trying to lay it out. Leo (the black cat) was playing with the tissue paper I used to make the pattern, and Ava (the puppy) had a nice nap laying on the fabric pile. I hope you like it! Please let me know what you think!
Hey, so just a quick post. Here are a couple of scarves I made. One of them I made for my fiance, and actually started it about 2 1/2 years ago, but was in school and busy… and maybe perhaps forgot… a little. The point is, it’s done. It is crocheted, and my stitches are very very tight, so it’s actually 30 stitches across (single stitched), but it looks smaller. It ended up being 73″ long, which is awesome. I love long scarves. I didn’t make Tommy model his scarf for you, so it’s on me. It does fit him though, and he loves. it.
The second scarf I just threw together in like 3 minutes… Maybe 5. It is an infinity scarf, and I really loved this fabric, so I made something I thought I would wear on a regular basis. I also like that it has the look to be worn everyday or pair with a cute steampunk outfit. I literally just cut it in half and sewed the edges together. I didn’t even hem it, because the edges curled up nicely, and I like the look of the raw edge.
Hope you like them. 🙂
I have arm warmers in the making, so if I ever decide on a pattern that I like, I may actually finish a pair (I have 2 singles so far… we’ll see!).
Okay! I finished my skirt. There are definitely things I will do different next time… (like using different colors, lining it, etc) but it turned out pretty well. Here are a couple of pictures… sorry, they’re not in the best shape. The picture of the back didn’t turn out well, so… I don’t have one. Sorry. I didn’t use the best camera to take these. And yes, in the forth picture you will notice that I did cut up a pair of underwear that were too big (yay for losing inches around the mid section!) and use the elastic.